Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ethiopia


It has taken awhile for me to be able to share about my trip to Ethiopia.  The best way to describe my feelings right now is just raw.  It was just an amazing, hard, beautiful, devastating, rock my world kind of trip.  I felt emotions I have never before experienced (I had no idea this was even possible given that anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a pretty emotional person as it :)  We came home about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I have been processing processing processing.  My mind has been on over drive.  The first week I had to literally push it out of my mind so I could function.  Jet lag was a beast and I still needed to be there for my precious children and husband who thanks to my sweet and patient and gifted husband all survived those 10 days with out me so well!

In the last week and a half I have begun to allow myself to feel some of the emotion from the trip.  What does that look like? A whole host of things including holding my sweet Ethiopian child in Cracker Barrel while we both cried.  It has been praying for children by name who are with out parents, it has been asking God for his justice and begging him to let me do something for Him for this beautiful place called Ethiopia.  Lord what can I do? So as I have been reading his Word, praying, asking friends to pray for me, listening for the Lord, I believe there are a few things God wants me to do.  One of those things being to simply share about my experience.  So I would like to share a few blogs over the next few weeks for anyone interested in reading.

Also, someone who truly knows my heart sent this video to me this week.  I believe it shares a glimpse into how I feel after my trip.  I am forever changed and so thankful for God's grace to allow me to go on this trip!
I need Africa

No comments: