Friday, December 08, 2006

Our 1st Black Friday

Rocky and I had a great time with his family over the Thanksgiving holidays. We arrived at his mom's house Tuesday evening and of course she had so many goodies ready for us. She fixed us a feast on Thanksgiving and we enjoyed spending time with her and Truett. We even exchanged Christmas gifts.

Then came BLACK FRIDAY. Neither Rocky nor I had ever braved the crowds on black Friday morning. We decided we would give it a whirl this year so at the crack of 4:30 a.m. we were up and ready for the sales. As my husband will tell you, I'm not much of a morning person, but shopping is great movitation. I was up and at 'em a little quicker than him. We got in the car and drove into the freezing cold black morning. Traffic seemed light so I expected not too many shoppers were as dedicated as we were to get up so early . . . that is until we passed Wal-mart and saw that there wasn't a vacant parking spot on the lot. We headed our merry way to the department store, breathing a sigh of relief that Wal-mart wasn't our ending destination.

Once at the department store I decided wade into the shoe department. I say "wade" because there were so many people and shoe boxes everywhere you could not simply walk through. After waiting on a clerk to assist me for around 30 min., I decided it wasn't worth the wait for the $30 discount, I was earning my discount by the dollar just standing in line!!

I headed to the home department upstairs . . . JACKPOT. All the Christmas decor was %60 off. I smiled to myself at my good fortune as I thought about all the suckers who were still sleeping and missing such great deals. I walked out of the department store a champion with my tree skirt (originally $60) , gold angel, and bed sheets. What a score.

Afterwards, we went to sleep for a good few hours, and headed to Rocky's dad's. He has a beautiful home on the water. We enjoyed lounging in the semi-warm Mississippi temperatures just talking and playing with the dog. It was great to see Rocky's dad and just spend time with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Three in one day!

I love Black Friday as well. I usually go with my Mom & sisters, but this year I had the joy of going with Jaimie. It was great fun & we caught lots of deals!

Keep up the good posts!