Tuesday, December 19, 2006

There's Just Somethin' in the Water


It seems like seminary is a breeding ground! I can't count the number of baby showers I have been to since I have been here and each is special in its own way. It's always exciting to hear about someone who is expecting. This picture is of a shower for my friend Jaimie (she's the one holding the cake). We had fun enjoying snacks, playing games, and oohing and aahing over her new baby gifts. Jaimie is having a little girl and is due early February.

On a more somber note, several of my friends here have also had miscarriages. My husband and I were discussing last night how common they are and yet how tragic each one seems. After seeing a couple of my friends morn the loss of an unborn child, I am saddened for them and also made aware that while the baby was not born, the baby was a human life. How else can one explain such grief over a loss of what some scientists would say is only a "group of cells." The unborn child is still a child and has reason to be grieved when lost.

Psalm 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really brilliant dispatch guys, been following your blog in compensation 3 days moment and i should reveal i am starting to like your post. and now how do i subscribe to your blog?
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]

Anonymous said...

It' s bitter to go about a find past considerate info on the web.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]