Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wedding Flowers

Last Saturday I had the opportunity to arrange flowers for my co-worker's wedding. Laura entrusted me to do her wedding flowers after only seeing 1 arrangement that was the first I had ever done. Call me crazy, but I took her up on it. It was great exercise in practicing not being anxious. I could not have done this without God's grace and a lot of help from a few friends. I must first mention Bronwyn Cardwell. She taught my floral arranging class at the Seminary Wives Institute. She is from Birmingham, Alabama but she has received a few long distance phone calls from me as well as answered numerous emails. I really appreciate her kindness to teach me her wealth of knowledge! I also owe a huge thank you to Kristi Hunter who was with me for 7 hours the day of the wedding. She helped me prep the flowers, clean up, and take pictures. I would not have finished without your help Kristi!!! Below are some pics I took, I know there are a lot, but it was the first wedding I've ever done. I LOVED it! Maybe I'll have to start a career . . . . hmmm, what would I call it??


Here is what I started out with:










My apartment smelled so good with all these flowers in it.


I started out with the Matron of Honor's bouquet done in pink roses


Next I made the bridal bouquet















After the bouquets, I made a couple boutonnieres.

This was for the buffet table - Lilies, Alstremeria, and Lemon Leaf


Here is the cake table arrangement. Her cake was beautiful, those ribbons are made out of fondant! She selected the lovely artwork that says "Love Never Fails"





I also made 2 arrangements for over the mantle, I had to arrange them on this buffet, because the mantle was too tall










This is the first arrangement I did for the wedding, I decided to take a picture of it in progress.



Here is the finished product


This is my friend Kristi to whom I owe a Saturday!





Here is the Bride, Laura Durham. She was so laid back and great to work with. I'm really thankful she let me have this opportunity. It was great and I would love to do another wedding.

10 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

WOW SUZY! You did a marvelous job! You really worked hard at it and I think you've just about mastered the skill! I'm really proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Suzy - you did a fantastic job on those flowers!! They are absolutely beautiful! I am not at all surprised that you pulled it off and they were perfect! You rock sister. See you later on today at Hilliary's.

Anonymous said...

Call it Suzy Fresh's Fresh Flowers! Great job Suz.

Anonymous said...

Suzanne! I shouldn't be surprised, you do have such a good with stuff like that,but seriously...those arrangments are AWESOME! from the bridesmaids flowers to the centerpieces - i would totally have you do my flowers if i could redo my wedding! Keep it up! how about..."Suzy's Special Touch"

Love ya girl,
Jaimie

Josie said...

Yay Suzanne! I am glad you finally got these posted. I have been dying to see them! And they look even more fabulous than I imagined!

Kelli said...

Suzanne, I feel so bad. I've been so out of the loop that I had now clue you were doing this. Such a huge undertaking, but man, did you pull it off! Those arrangements are gorgeous! I'm way proud of you (and Kristi too). Look at you being the cute little Proverbs 31 woman--setting up your own little cottage industry.

I miss y'all!

Anonymous said...

suz,
i finally got a minute to look at your flower decorating...i am so proud of you!! they look gorgeous and soooo professional...you really should go into business!! thanks for sharing your talents!!

Unknown said...

Wow! What stunning work you did! My friend is getting married, so she and I were Google searching "wedding bouquets" and came across your blog.

Wonderful photos!

Flowers Philippines said...

Lovely flowers! Wish I can also learn how to arrange flowers. Anyway, I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting!

-fern-

Philippines Flowers Delivery said...

Lovely arrangement of flowers. Cake Table arrangement is so nice. Bunch of White roses looking nice. Table decoration is so beautiful.
For see more flowers and gifts Plz see this link:
http://www.philippinesflowersdelivery.com