Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mother Daugher Trip

This past week I took a vacation to the beach. Pictured above are my 2 best friends, their moms, and my mom. (Left to right, Pam, Rachel, Linda, Karen, me, and my mom Joyce). Karen and I have been best friends since the seventh grade and started the mother daughter trip tradition our freshmen year of college when our moms came and stayed in the dorm with us. Needless to say, it was a tight squeeze! Karen and I met Rachel through our sorority our sophomore year of college. We quickly became friends and were excited to have her and her mom on this trip.


Rachel recently got engaged so we threw her a "mini" shower with a few things for her honeymoon. Karen and her mom got her a few books, my mom got her some flip-flops, and Rachel's mom got her a beach towel. I made her a beach bag in my sewing class (pictured below). I wish we had more pictures from the weekend. Overall, it was great to just relax and I always love to spend time at the beach. We did all the things girls should do, lay out, swim, eat out, and talk for hours. I stayed an extra day with my mom and it was great to spend time with her.

Rachel with her new bag



Rachel gives me a squeeze!

5 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Aww, that sounds like so much fun. What a neat tradition. And the bag you made in sewing class looks fabulous!

Miss You!

Kelli said...

Cute bag, Suzanne! Is there anything you can't do??

Mark said...

fun times! Cute bag, Suz :)

The Chisholms said...

Hey girl! I just found your blog through Katey and Kane's blog! It was great seeing what you're up to! How are you? You look great!!! Brian and I are living in Arkansas now, and we're PARENTS!!! Check out our blog at threechisholms.blogspot.com.

~Christina Chisholm

The Overstreets said...

Suzanne!

I was so excited to see your comment.. and to find your blog. I love that I'll be able to keep up with you and Rocky