Thursday, May 03, 2007

Baby Pellowe


Last night I hosted a "Baby Blessing" for my good friend Emily (front row, middle in purple shirt). Emily and Todd were some of our first friends we made here in Louisville. I remember her being pregnant with her first child, Avery, and now she is getting ready for child number 2. Time sure passes quickly. She and her husband are a lot of fun, Todd is a fabulous wedding photographer (we have a link to his blog) and Emily stays home to care for Avery as well as be involved in a lot of other activities.
We had a great time just getting together as girls and taking time to pray for this new little one. We also loaded her up with diapers and wipes . . . get ready Emily!! Todd and Emily love surprises, so they have decided to wait and see on the day of delivery if they will be having a boy or a girl.

I had a great time preparing for the baby blessing. As you may remember from a previous blog, I took a class on floral arranging. I decided I would try my hand at it for the first time. I went to a great florist near my apartment called Colonial Designs. They helped me select a few flowers and greenery. Once I got home and started making my arrangement, I realized I needed a lot more greenery than I had. So, I took my scissors and began cutting away at the shrubs and bushes around our apartment. (I'm not sure how legal that is, but I was in a pickle!) You can see the pictures to the right and below of the final creation. I thought it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. I really enjoyed it and I hope I can work on it some more in the future as we have more events.

2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

What a great idea Suz!!! I sure you were the perfect hostess, as you always are. Your floral arrangement looks fabulous!!!

love ya

Ash

Kelli said...

Suzanne, you did such a great job hosting! Everything was perfect--the food, the floral arrangement, your hospitality. You make SWI proud! Thanks for organizing everything.