Monday, May 21, 2007

Frisbees, Hotdogs, and Fun

Back row from left to right: Jason, Jimmy, Luke, Rocky, Adam, Tim, and Mark. Front row: Gwen (holding her daughter Sophia), Lauren, Heather, Kathleen, Laura, Shawnda, Ashley, Suzanne. Very front row: baby Ezra, Baby Reese.

After our race Saturday morning, we decided to have a little fun with our Sunday school class. We met several of our class members at Warwick Park for a cookout and ultimate frisbee throw down. The weather was still beautiful and the park was perfect b/c we almost had the entire park to ourselves (thanks to Shawnda for telling us about this newly renovated park). We had a great time eating hot dogs, hamburgers, and a variety of sides. My favorite was the Strawberry pretzel salad (I think Kathleen made it). I could have eaten the entire pan! Mark Taylor was the grill master and did a wonderful job.
Now, to the throw down. My husband is number 1 when it comes to ultimate frisbee. He did an amazing job as team captain leading our team [Adam, Lauren (who made up a great victory dance), Luke, and myself] to victory against the other team [Tim, Shawnda, Mark, Jimmy, and Heather]. My team was very patient with me as I am not extremely athletic and didn't really know the rules. I have to give Heather a shout out for some awesome defense. She was guarding me and as long as she was guarding me, there was no way I was getting that frisbee.

Rocky and I really enjoy our Sunday school class and we were thankful to be able to spend some quality, fun time with these friends. It was great to see Jason on his feet given he had surgery last week. We missed those of you who could not attend :)

No comments: