Monday, May 21, 2007

Our Famous Dog

Saturday was a great day to be outside and the perfect day for me and my dog Buddy to be in our first ever 5K. Rocky and I have been training with our dog to be in the Wagon Trail Run which was held on Saturday and benefits the Humane Society. Above is a picture of Buddy which was taken by the Courier Journal and posted to their online newspaper. Those beautiful legs in the picture belong to my husband. The caption was "Buddy, a Jack Russell, peers into the crowd." I really think he is the next "Air Bud." Of course Buddy had a great time being around so many other dogs and in his excitement he shaved 8 min. off his normal race time. Good job Buddy! I was very proud of myself for finishing my first race as well and Rocky was a great coach. The trail we ran along was a paved road surrounded by trees and sat closely to a creek. After the race, we enjoyed chic-fil-a sandwhiches and looked at the different dog booths. The 102.3 radio station provided music and a prize machine was there, so Rocky and I took a stab at it, but we were unsuccessful in snagging a prize. However, who needs a prize when you have a great dog like Buddy(insert "awwww" here).

2 comments:

Mark said...

awwww... Buddy. He is so very loved. Way to run girl. You are an inspiration. Thanks for all of your fun posts lately. I can hear you talking in your writing :)

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.