Tuesday, May 15, 2007

So let's root, root, root for the Cubbies!

I'm glad to report my husband is finished with finals. I can hardly make it through finals week, so I'm glad it's over. Rocky locks himself in his office and I don't see him and then I usually have a melt down because I haven't seen him in so long. This past week was no exception as Friday night I found myself in tears because I missed him and it was literally making me cranky! Poor Rocky, sometimes I think I am too high maintenance as a wife.

But now, it's all over. He turned in his 25 page paper yesterday at 4:00 p.m. and we are excited to spend this summer drinking Country Time Lemonade, grilling out, and going to Paul's for fresh watermelon. In the midst of finals chaos was our two year anniversary (May 7, 2005). Needless to say, we didn't get to celebrate exactly how we wanted so we are going to Chicago in June. I've never been to Chicago but the things I associate with it are hot dogs and pizza. We are not sure what we are going to do while we are in Chicago so we would love you to post your suggestions. We are interested in where to eat (casual and nice restaurants), what to do during the day, Chicago's night life, etc. We do know we are staying in a hotel located on the "Magnificent Mile."

We are fortunate to have tickets to go to a Cubs game on Friday afternoon. Last night we watched as the Cubs lost 5-4 in the ninth inning, bases loaded, full count, and the pitcher threw a ball forcing the run. Other than that loss, they have recently been playing well so we hope this continues. I have also heard that the Blue Man Group is fun to see. I was looking at the tickets, which appeared pricey to me, and thought, why pay so much to watch a bunch of bald blue men dance around? When I was younger, I could watch the smurfs for free! Anyways, we are looking forward to the trip and I'm sure I'll have some great pics to post when we return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicago is awesome! I'll e-mail you with some places to go. You will have a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

I went to Chicago last New Year's. Call me and I will be happy to make some suggestions.